Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What's the big deal...













...with hair? Today I got my hair cut the shortest it's ever been in over 25 years. You probably know that I am not a "hair person." I do fix it occasionally, but I am a low-maintenance gal that wears her hair in a ponytail more often than not. That is one reason I keep my hair long--to be able to put it in a ponytail. :) Lately my hair has been getting on my nerves, and I've been wanting to cut it. A friend of mine is growing her hair out for Locks of Love, so I thought that would be a good incentive to kill two birds with one stone. I could cut my hair and donate to charity at once. (Locks of Love would prefer if you cut at least 10" of hair.) Even though I am not a "hair person," I was a little apprehensive about today. I didn't want to end up looking like a man when I left. Then that got me thinking...why are we so worried about what we look like? It is understandable for a single person still searching for their mate, but why do married people worry so much? I do want my husband to be attracted to me, but most of the time when women get dressed up it is to impress other women and not their husbands. Vanity, vanity, vanity! Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy! When I find myself comparing myself to another person, I am going to have to remind myself that a human being's worth is about the heart. It's not about how big their house is, what kind of car they drive, how fat or skinny they are, or how attractive they are. The list can go on and on. It's amazing how philosophical one can get from getting a haircut!

4 comments:

Christy N said...

Your hair looks great...blog well said!!
Love, christy

Anonymous said...

that haircut looks awesome on you!
ross

Unknown said...

Love the haircut Kristine! Looks excellent on you.

Deb (Stef's mom)

Kristine said...

Thanks for your feedback!