It has been forever since I wrote a post, and so much has happened since then--Thanksgiving, Alyssa's Birthday, Christmas, New Years, etc. All those were great, but what's driven me to write a post is all this media coverage that has been going on lately--mainly the HHS Contraceptive Mandate and Komen defunding Planned Parenthood.
Well, I guess I'll start with our news--Tommy and I are expecting another baby this summer!
We are a society that loves to plan. We plan everything including when we are going to have children--once I save this much money, I don't want a Christmas baby, being pregnant in the summer is hard, I need to travel more first, etc. Planning children is not a bad thing; but when we over-plan or close the door completely, children become objects that we think are under our control. Children are not possessions, they are gifts from God, each with their own dignity.
When I got pregnant, it was during
40 Days for Life last fall. Is it coincidence that Tommy and I conceived during a time of prayer trying to save "unplanned" children? Although this child wasn't planned by us, clearly s/he was planned--they all are. We are humbled and grateful to be entrusted another soul to guide.
1 comment:
ahhh---another baby! how awesome...as number 2 out of 5 siblings, i can say, what great news for you, i am sure you are super excited.
Post a Comment