Tuesday, September 06, 2011

NC ZOO & 1st Day of Preschool

We went to the zoo this past Saturday and had a good time! We hadn't been since I was pregnant with Brooke, so it had been over a year since we were there.


It was Mia's first day of preschool today. You can tell by the look on her face that she's not quite sure about it!


On a completely random note, I've noticed that I've been avoiding any "deep thoughts" ;) posts lately--partially because of time and partially because I have just been writing in my old fashioned journal. I know that not every thought needs to be shared in cyberspace, so a lot I just keep between me and Tommy or me and God.


Life with four children has been wonderful for the most part. Of course, it has its moments, but life with one or none has that. One of the things I have been noticing lately is that because I have had four children (which was average only 50 years ago), it seems that my personal life is "up for grabs." People constantly ask if we are "done", are you preventing, were they all planned, etc.? Last I checked these were private matters. Unless you want me asking you those questions, you probably shouldn't be asking me. I'm just sayin' :)


I realize that in this day and age, four is a lot. If you were to tell me five years ago that I would have wanted four children, I would have laughed and told you you were crazy. Life is a journey, and we all aren't on the same path. Sometimes we have to meet people where they're at instead of dragging them up or pulling them down to where we are. No one has it all figured out, and I hope that everyday I get a little bit better at this game called life. In reality, I know that some days I take 5 steps back before I start moving forward again. I just trust that I am given all the tools necessary to make it to the final destination and hopefully help people do the same along the way.

No comments: