Monday, August 15, 2011

Beach Trip

At the end of July we went to the beach in Ocean City, Maryland. We went with my parents, my brother, and his family. Everyone had a good time, and if you'd like to see more pictures of the beach click on the above picture. Most of the pictures are courtesy of my sister-in-law because I lost my camera (ugh) in June. I was hoping it'd turn up, but I think we're going to have to buy another one. :(

I read a book recently and the character in the book saw the ocean for the first time. She describes the ocean really well: "Never had I witnessed anything that pulsed with such beauty and imminent danger at the same moment. (Saving CeeCee Honeycut)" This is probably how my kids feel about the ocean. They are drawn to it but fear it at the same time!





We got back from the beach on a Saturday night and the older kids started school on that Monday. Alyssa is in 1st grade and Dillon is in 3rd grade--it's crazy how fast they are growing-up!


I hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer. :)


No comments: