Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy Month

We have been pretty busy this month. Dillon is off school for his track-out. (He's in year-round so they get 3 weeks off and 9 weeks on.) He spent one week with his grandparents and had a blast there helping his grandparents and going to museums with Grandaddy.


Then there were all the Easter egg hunts--Alyssa actually did 4: one at school, one at church, one with my mother's group, and one with friends. Dillon was out of town for the one at church, so he only got to do one. (As a punishment, he didn't get to join in on the mother's group hunt. It was really hard taking that away from him, but I had to teach him a lesson.)


I have also been gardening with the kids. I have really been enjoying it. This is a first for me because I used to be a complainer when it came to manual labor, but it is really peaceful working with nature. (It helps that I am trying not to complain as much :) Dillon and I, also, transplanted a tree that started growing in one of the flowerbeds to our front yard. It was Dillon's idea to take a picture so we could keep track of how much it is growing.


Then we had a bunch of stuff at church for Holy Week from Thursday night to Saturday. Tommy and I went to the Easter Vigil Saturday night for his baptism while our friend watched the kids. The service was really beautiful and watching Tommy get baptized and receive communion brought tears to my eyes. (Don't tell him that ;) Then Sunday morning, we opened Easter baskets, dyed eggs, and spent the day as a family. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and remembered what is truly important about this holiday.


Lastly, although you can't tell from the picture, Amelia is finally getting around--she's 11 months and both my others were either walking or at least taking a few steps by now. She is very laid back, so she was perfectly happy just sitting in one spot. That was totally fine with me since I have the other two kids to watch. However, even though she is finally mobile, she is not really crawling; she is scooting. She looks like an inch worm--it is really cute. Here's some video for you to check it out.


Enjoy the rest of your spring!

3 comments:

Christy N said...

Amelia's scoot is the CUTEST!!!! I miss you guys so much. Hope we can get together soon. Lily has walking pnenomia (sp??)right now....I am very ready to be well again over here. Congrats on Tommy's baptism and on planting a tree. We started our yard work on Friday....it's a lot of work, but INSTANT gratification and delayed soreness...hehehe. We will do our garden soon. I am glad you guys enjoyed your Easter holiday.
Love, Christy

c said...

that little scoot movie is too cute!

Kristy said...

Amelia gets around pretty fast with the scoot! Can't wait to see everyone next weekend!!
Hugs to all,