Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt

This past weekend we had a small Easter egg hunt for the kids in our backyard. I told every family who was coming to bring a dozen real or plastic eggs. I was planning to dye eggs with my kids, but due to time constraints I decided to use the plastic eggs....When I was a kid, it was the norm to use real eggs. Well, apparently in this millennium, that is weird. Some people were not as lazy as me and brought the "old-fashioned" kind. Some of the kids asked, "Are those just eggs?" Then the little ones kept trying to open them in hopes of finding a prize. Much to their dismay; the eggs didn't open, you had to break them, and the prize was a hard boiled egg. Talk about disappointing--where's the candy? However, all in all, I think all the kids had fun, and luckily no one found any "chocolate eggs" left behind by Roxy (my dog). Have a great Easter! To see more pictures of the hunt click HERE

No comments: